CAST FILM EXTRUSION
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
For IML applications (on PP substrate):
- LMG® BAR: oxygen-barrier film (white or transparent)
- LMG® BAR LIGHT: light-barrier film (white)
- SPC MSG: UV-barrier film (white or transparent)
- SPC PET (on PET base) with very good welding properties
We are also currently working on the development of a CAST FILM solution for blow-moulding labelling.
To extrude a thermoplastic polymer, granules are fed into a heat-regulated cylinder inside which an endless screw is turning. Due to the combined effect of the kneading action and heat, the granules are turned into a homogenous mix looking like a paste which is then given the desired shape by the die.
CAST EXTRUSION PROCESS
In-Mould Labelling enables the injection and decoration of injected substrates during their manufacturing process. The IML process presents the following advantages:
- Reduced costs relative to other labelling methods
- Elimination of the “label laying” stage
- Reduction of the stocks of injected parts
- Recyclability of the end product (container + label in the same raw material)
- Reduction of the quantity of raw materials to be injected to obtain the same final thickness
- Life-span of the printed label
- Resistance of the label in extreme storage conditions (humidity, cold…)
- Scratch resistance
- Freedom in the choice of designs
- Excellent optical results
- Pleasant to touch
Our expertise of the manufacturing process and the quality of our films sold under the registered trademark LMG® have made PROPYPLAST a specialist in the field of CAST PP films destined to the IML market.
IML labels, which are in the same material as the packaging to be decorated, are printed via offset printing, flexography, serigraphy or even more recently digital printing.
- Plastic packaging in the food industry: ice-cream, butter, margarine…
- Plastic industrial packaging: paints, chemical products, pet food…
- Storage boxes
- Decorative films for indoor and outdoor furniture