FILMS FOR PEELABLE LIDDINGS
LIDPIL® film for peelable liddings
PROPYPLAST developed a PP CAST film for peelable liddings, whose registered trademark is LIDPIL®. The goal is to offer a monomaterial solution ahead of non-recyclable multimaterial products.
Advantages of LIDPIL® for peelable liddings
- It is 100% monomaterial.
- The LIDPIL® peelable lidding can be welded with all sealing tools (with or without coating).
- With a standard welding tool, the LIDPIL® peelable lidding is welded at a low temperature (approximately 155°C). The lidding does not stick to the welding tool and does not deteriorate at the welding point.
- The LIDPIL® peelable lidding can be welded on different materials: PP, PET, PS and ALU.
- When opening the container, there is no film residue on the pot or the tub edges.
LIDPIL®, a film for eco-responsible peelable liddings
Its different characteristics allow the LIDPIL® film to obtain the A RecyClass distinction, stating that it is 100% recyclable.
The LIDPIL® carbon footprint is very positive compared to the other solutions:
- 1,76 (kg CO2-eq. / film kg) for the LIDPIL® peelable lidding
Regarding the Alu solutions, they have a highly elevated carbon footprint:
- PET / Alu lidding 244,75 (kg CO2-eq. / film kg)
- PE / Alu lidding 275,25 (kg CO2-eq. / film kg)
LIDPIL® generates an important decrease in the CO2 emissions compared to aluminium-based solutions.
We are able to offer you different films for peelable liddings: clear, white, with or without oxygen-barrier property.
|Film type||Commercial grade||Colour||Thickness|
|With O2 barrier||LIDPIL® C BAR O2||Clear||100µ|
|With O2 barrier||LIDPIL® W BAR O2||White||100µ|
It is possible to propose LIDPIL® with other barriers (light, UV) and to include different barriers within the same film.
Interest in a barrier film for peelable liddings
PROPYPLAST has succeeded in understanding today’s consumers expectations:
- Food security: not having preservative agents within food
- Waste reduction: increasing food storage life
The solution we offer is to protect food via packaging. This becomes possible thanks to our LIDPIL® BAR range with a barrier against oxygen, light, UV, …
As an example, our LIDPIL® BAR O2 film has a really good oxygen barrier:
- Conditions: 23°C, 50 % RH, with 100 % O2
- OTR value with LIDPIL® BAR O2: < 0,8 Cc / (m².day.atm)
Obviously, using a lidding with a barrier only makes sense if the pot / tub is also protected with an identical barrier.
To do so, we propose you a whole range of IML films with barrier films which will protect your containers.
Do you want more information or do you have a specific request?
Do not hesitate to contact us.
All our films are 100% recyclable