What is IML (In-Mould Labelling)?
IML enables injection and decoration of parts in a single production phase. The IML process presents the following advantages:
- Elimination of the “label application” stage reduced manufacturing costs.
- Recyclability of injected products (injected part and label on the same raw material substrate).
- Reduction of the quantity of raw material to be injected to obtain the same final thickness, as the label contributes to wall thickness.
- Lengthening of the printed label life span, even in difficult storage conditions (humidity, cold…)
- Resistance to scratching.
- Freedom in the choice of designs.
- Process that enables to print an increasing amount of information on the label concerning the composition of the packaged products.
- Excellent optical results.
The IML process is widely used for the following:
- Packaging in the food industry.
- Packaging for industrial products (paint, chemical products, pet-food…).
- Packaging of cosmetics products.
- Storage boxes / domestic appliances (waste bins, suitcases…).
- Plastic cups used in the events industry.
- Decorative films for indoor and outdoor furniture.
Our IML films
Manufacturing expertise, as well as the quality and diversity of our CAST films have made PROPYPLAST a specialist on the IML market. We focus much of our R&D on new technical solutions that meet ever more cutting-edge expectations in this sector and enable to obtain new IML applications.
The advantages of
LMG films for In-Mould
Our LMG range is currently very popular in the printing and injection industry, thanks to its technical assets:
- Good stiffness of the film.
- Good printability and holding of the ink in the various printing processes.
- Good antistatic properties enabling easy unstacking of labels during injection.
- Total covering of the decorated surface without overlapping the edges of the labels.
- Good electrostatic charging in the mould enabling quick and efficient positioning of the label.
- Low shrinkage of the label which avoids lid distortion problems subsequently to injection.
- Excellent adhesion of the label to the injected substrate.
Basing itself on its experience in IML, and CAST process know-how, PROPYPLAST has broadened its LMG range with a series of films that enable to provide labels with technical functionalities. We are thus in a position today to offer a complementary and highly technical range:
- Oxygen-barrier IML films.
- Oxygen-barrier IML films for sterilization.
- UV-barrier IML films.
- Light-barrier IML films.
- Oxygen-barrier and UV-barrier IML films.
- Oxygen-barrier and UV-barrier films for sterilization.
- Oxygen-barrier and light-barrier IML films.
- Metallic-effect IML films.
- Pearl-effect IML films
- UV-stabilised IML films for outdoor applications
Our entire range of products is 100% recyclable
|CONTAINERS @ LIDS||FURNITURE|
|Containers < 1 litre||Lids (without distortion)||Containers > 1 litre||Very big containers||Indoor applications||Outdoor applications|
|STANDARD FILM GRADES FOR PP IML APPLICATIONS|
|Clear & white||60, 65
|Good antistatic properties
Good loading into the mould
Good label stability in the mould
|LMG® C MSD
LMG® W MSD
|Clear & white||55||Smooth printing surface||X|
|FILM GRADES WITH BARRIER PROPERTIES FOR PP IML APPLICATIONS|
|LMG® C BAR O2
LMG® W BAR KAR O2
|Clear & white||65||Oxygen barrier properties||X||X|
|LMG® C BAR S O2
LMG® W BAR KAR S O2
|Clear & white||65||Oxygen barrier properties for RETORT applications||X||X|
|LMG® C BAR UV||Clear||65||UV barrier properties||X||X|
|LMG® C BAR O2 UV||Clear||65||Oxygen and UV barrier properties||X||X|
|LMG® W BAR LIGHT||White||70||Light barrier properties / Opacity : > 99 %
Test method : ASTM D1003
|LMG® W BAR O2 LIGHT||White||70||Oxygen and Light barrier properties||X|
|LMG® C BAR WATER VAPOUR
LMG® W BAR WATER VAPOUR
|Clear & white||90||Water vapour barrier properties||X|
|COLOURED FILM GRADES FOR PP IML APPLICATIONS|
|LMG® SILVER||Silver||65||Silvery colour||X||X|
|LMG® BLACK||Black||82||Black colour||X|
|FILM GRADES WITH UV STABILISATION FOR PP IML APPLICATIONS|
|LMG® C STAB UV
LMG® W STAB UV
|Clear & white||90, 190||UV stabilised films||X|
The recommended printing surface is identified with a red sticker located on the reel. We recommend not applying any Corona treatment prior to printing.
Store in a clean, damp environment (40-60% RH) and at controlled temperatures (20-26o).
The temperature in the storage environment should be identical to that in the printing station.
If this is not the case, films need to be kept for at least 48 hours at the same temperature as in the printing station prior to printing.
Reels must remain in their protective packaging until they are used in transformation machines.